news Greetings Coreware Customers,
We are pleased to announce a major improvement to coreSTORE that will greatly benefit our Shooting Sports customers, you can stop reading this post if you do not sell firearms. The ATF Form 4473 - Firearms Transaction Record has recently been revised and we are proud to incorporate these changes into our software.
The revised ATF Form 4473 (Form 4473) is a key part of the process for individuals purchasing firearms from federally licensed firearms dealers. To ensure coreSTORE remains compliant with all applicable federal laws and regulations, we have updated the Form 4473 to the latest version and are now offering it to our customers.
Watch this video to see all of the changes that are also outlined below.
The revised 4473 Form is mandatory for use on April 1, 2023 and this is when it becomes active in coreSTORE. Please contact your local ATF Industry Operations office should you have any questions regarding the changes to the form. Feel free to access the ATF link here for further information.
improvement Changes to the NEW FORM
- Added § to every U.S.C. reference.
- Page 1, top right: deleted “serial” from this box. It now reads:
Transferor’s/Seller’s Transaction Number (if any)
- The first sentence of the statement was changed from “The information you provide will be used to determine whether you are prohibited by Federal or State law from receiving a firearm” to “The information you provide will be used to determine whether you are prohibited by Federal or State law from receiving a firearm, or whether Federal or State law prohibits the sale or disposition of a firearm to you”.
- The second sentence of the statement was changed from “Certain violations of the Gun Control Act, 18 U.S.C. 921 et. seq., are punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment and/or up to a $250,000 fine” to “Certain violations of the Gun Control Act, 18 U.S.C. 921 et. seq., are punishable by up to 15 years imprisonment and/or up to a $250,000 fine”.
Question 1 Manufacturer and Importer:
- “Privately Made Firearm (PMF)” added to item 1, Section A. It now reads: Manufacturer and Importer (if any), or Privately made firearm (PMF)(If the Manufacturer and Importer are different, include both.)
Question 8 Private Party Transfers:
- “if any” added after Check. Question 8 now reads: Check if any part of this transaction is to facilitate a private party transfer.
Question 10 Current State of Residence and Address:
- Question 10: Added, “Reside in City Limits? Yes  No Unknown”.
Question 21.a Actual Transferee/Buyer:
- The first sentence of Question 21a. has been changed from “Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) (ATF Form 5300.9A)?” to “Are you the actual transferee/buyer of all of the firearm(s) listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) (ATF Form 5300.9A)?
New Question 21.b:
- Do you intend to purchase or acquire any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s), or ammunition, for sale or other disposition to any person described in questions 21(c)-(m), or to a person described in question 21.n.1 who does not fall within a nonimmigrant alien exception?
To clarify: Question 21b is asking the transferee (customer) if they intend to sell or distribute any of the firearms, they are acquiring, to a person prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms? The prohibited categories are listed in questions 21(c) – (m) and 21.n.1 (unless that person falls within a nonimmigrant exception).
New Question 21.c:
- Do you intend to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) or ammunition in furtherance of any felony or other offense punishable by imprisonment for a term of more than one year, a Federal crime of terrorism, or a drug trafficking offense?
Due to the addition of the two new questions in Section B, the questions are now renumbered from 21.d. through 21.n.
Questions 21.n.2 parenthesis at end of questions now reads: (U.S. citizens/nationals leave 21.n.1 and 21n.2. blank).
The last sentence of the certification statement has been changed from “I further understand that the repetitive purchase of firearms for the purpose of resale for livelihood and profit without a Federal firearms license is a violation of Federal law” to “I further understand that the repetitive purchase of firearms for the purpose of resale to predominantly earn a profit without a Federal firearms license is a violation of Federal law”.
Question 25 Qualifying Gun Show or Event:
- Added the address, county and zip code where the gun show takes place.
Question 26.b Supplemental Government Issued Documentation
- Changed “if identification document does not show current residence address or full legal name” to “if identification document does not show current residence address or legal name”
Question 26.c Official Military Orders Establishing Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
- Changed PCS Base/City and State” to PCS Base, City and State
Question 26.d Exception to the Nonimmigrant Alien Prohibition:
- This question now refers to item 21.n.2. NOT 21.l.2.
Added a header before NICS questions begin: Notice: If transferee/buyer is under 21, a waiting period of up to 10 days may apply where notification from NICS is received within 3 business days to further investigate a possible disqualifying juvenile record. A NICS check is only valid for 30 calendar days from the date recorded in question 27a.
Question 27.c Response initially provided by NICS
- Next to the delayed check box a new check box has been added: The firearm(s) may be transferred on ____ if time period is not extended by NICS or the appropriate State agency, and State law allows (optional)
Question 27.d NICS Delayed Response. Added blocks for the following statements:
- Notice of additional delay of transferee under 21 years of age received on _______ (date) and may be transferred on ____________ (date).
- No response was provided within 10 business days after additional delay for transferee/buyer under 21 years of age.
Questions 27.f. and 27.g. have been removed.
Added the following: If this transaction required a NICS check, I further certify that this firearm(s) transfer is within 30 days from the date of the initial contact with NICS.
We understand the importance of staying current with the latest ATF regulations and are committed to providing our customers with the most up to date version of the Form 4473. By incorporating these changes into coreSTORE , we are helping our customers stay compliant and remain safe when conducting firearms transactions.
new feature KIOSK / Fill out 4473
When filling out the address in 4473 Kiosk it will auto-fill the address if you enter the zipcode
When entering the code you can now just enter the code + the first 3 letter of the last name of the customer (10587TES)
Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to providing further updates to coreSTORE in the future